ORAL HYGIENE CARE
Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only look great and feel good, they make it possible for you to eat well and speak properly. Dr. James Sylvan’ dental practice is fully aware of its responsibility to teach good oral health in the service of your overall well being. To help you stop problems before they develop, we teach and advocate daily preventative care, including proper brushing and flossing.
In between your regular visits to our office, you can take some simple steps to decrease your risk of tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems, including:
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals.
- Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste.
- Rinse with a fluoride mouth rinse (if Dr. Sylvan says so – it’s not for everyone).
- Make sure that children under 12 drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement if you live in a non-fluoridated area.